Takes 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup miso paste (I buy mine from Urban Hippie in Nelson). *Update, you can now buy this at Farro Fresh in Grey Lynn.
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 cups water
- 4 free range chicken thighs, sliced
- bunch of asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- bunch of green beans, trimmed & halved lengthwise
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Place miso paste, fish sauce & water in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cover & bring to a boil, add chicken, asparagus & beans & stir.
- Lower heat & simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is tender & cooked.
- Ladle into soup bowls & sprinkle with spring onions. Enjoy!