- 500g uncooked prawns
- 2-3 spring onions or red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp caster sugar
- 400g canned whole tomatoes
- few drops Tabasco
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped italian parsley
- 1/3 cup each loosely packed fresh dill sprigs & mint leaves
- 180g feta cheese
- Shell & devein prawns leaving tails on.
- Slice onion, finely chop garlic. Finely grate lemon rind, segment lemon.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan; cook onion & garlic until soft, add prawns, stirring until they change colour.
- Add wine, sugar, undrained tomatoes, Tabasco and half of the herbs, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Place lemon segments & crumbled cheese on top of prawns, sprinkle with rind & cook covered for around 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Season & sprinkle with remaining herbs. Serve with brown rice. Bon appétit!