- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp curry paste (I used green)
- 4-6 chicken thighs, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 400g can of tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of chicken or vege stock or white wine
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts or almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/3 cup yoghurt (I use Naturalea acidophilus plain unsweetened although Bill uses thick Greek yoghurt which often contains cream so I've gone ultra healthy & it still tasted yum)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- steamed rice (I used black rice which has a lovely sweet taste and went well with this but you can use basmati or brown or rice of your choice) OR cauliflower rice
- lime wedges & handful fresh coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and brown chicken pieces quickly on each side, remove & set aside.
- Lower heat to medium & cook onion for 6-8 minutes until soft & golden.
- Add curry paste & cook for another 1-2 minutes stirring until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and stock, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat & cook gently for 10 minutes then add chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blitz the cashews in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add to the chicken & simmer for a further 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat & stir through the yoghurt &,lemon juice.
- Serve with steamed rice, dressed with coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Bon appétit!