takes 30 minutes
- 6-8 baby new potatoes, skin scrubbed
- 1 large bunch of asparagus, woody ends snapped off, blanched
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 4 free-range eggs, soft boiled. I like Jamie's method
- 500grams smoked fish in chunks, skin and bones removed
- 2 spring onions or red onion, finely sliced
- Speedy Mayo or shop bought - I added the zest of one lemon
- freshly cracked pepper
- sea salt
- Lemon zest for servng
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Scrub the potatoes, place into an oven dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and tender, then halve.
- Make up some Speedy Mayo or use shop bought. Add the zest of one lemon.
- Break the woody ends of the asparagus spears and blanch for 1-2 minutes in boiling, salted water, then plunge into cold water to retain the bright green colour.
- Wash the salad leaves, discarding any thick stalks.
- Boil the eggs for 5 minutes in salted water for a soft runny centre. Drain and place eggs into cold water, peel when slightly cooled and halve.
- To assemble, spread the rocket on a large platter. Mix the fish, potatoes and spring onion with the mayonnaise and add to platter.
- Scatter the asparagus spears over the top, then add the eggs, making sure the yolks face upwards. Grind over some freshly cracked pepper and grate over some lemon zest and enjoy!
Adapted from Cuisine issue #114