Roasted Beetroot, Walnut & Feta Salad
- 4 cups, your choice of salad leaves ie rocket, lettuce
- 3-4 large beetroot, scrubbed (peeled if old) & diced
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, halved, roasted OR 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 150g feta, crumbled
- Vinaigrette dressing or red wine vinegar - we've been using Agretti Fig Condiment containing grape juice, red wine vinegar & fig juice. It's pretty darn good.
- Preheat oven to 190oC
- Shell walnuts if using - this is a fun after work activity with a hammer:) Place into a roasting pan and bake until slightly brown, around 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- If using pine nuts place in saucepan over low heat until they change colour. Set aside to cool.
- Throw your diced beetroot into a roasting pan with a swig of olive oil & roast for around 30-40 minutes or until beetroot is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place all the ingredients into a salad bowl and dress. Enjoy!