- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons fruit spread or jam of choice with no refined sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut sugar, coconut oil, shredded coconut, coconut flour and maple syrup.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix the ingredients so they come together to form a large ball.
- Wet your hands with warm water and press the cookie dough to make it compact. Using your fingers or a tablespoon, scoop some dough and form a compact, golf ball sized cookie.
- Place the cookie ball on the baking sheet and, using your index finger, make a nice well in the top of the cookie. Repeat until all of the dough becomes cookies.
- Dollop 1/4 teaspoon or a dollop of fruit jam in the indentation and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool thoroughly before eating. Enjoy!