I can never be bothered making pizza dough so normally use pita bread or mountain bread as I like a thin crust. This comes from Hugh's Three Good Things.
- 2-4 pizza bases
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin white beans, such as cannellini, drained & rinsed
- 2-4 balls of buffalo mozzarella (love Clevedon)
- 1 cup of stoned black olives, very roughly chopped or torn
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the garlic & cook gently for 30 seconds. Add the beans with 200ml of water & increase the heat. Simmer for a minute or two.
- Using a handheld blender blitz the beans to a puree & season.
- Spread pizza base with bean mixture, tear up one ball of
mozzarella & distribute over base followed by olives. Grind over pepper.
- Cook pizza in the oven for 10-12 minutes until crisp & golden brown at the edges. Enjoy!