Salmon with Parsnip Puree and Roasted Carrots
I used black roasted garlic in this recipe but you can easily substitute for normal garlic, but make sure you roast it to get the sweetness.
Ingredients - serves 2
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 bulb of garlic, separate into cloves but leave the skin on
- bunch of baby carrots
- 2 large parsnips, cubed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- olive oil, freshly ground salt & pepper
Method - takes 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Trim carrot tops, leaving 2cm of the stems intact. Wash the carrots well.
- Place carrots in a medium baking dish, add 1 tbsp oil, garlic and toss well. Roast for 15-20 minutes. You want both the carrots and garlic to be slightly brown. While they are roasting prepare boil the parsnips and get ready to make the puree once garlic has been roasted.
- Boil parsnips for 5 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain. Place parsnips, 3-4 cloves of roasted garlic, olive oil, salt, and ½ cup of veggie broth in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brush salmon with olive oil and place skin-side up in a preheated, non-stick pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes then flip and sear for another minute or so depending on how you like your salmon done.
- Divide parsnip puree between two plates, place carrots then salmon on top. Enjoy!