Banana and Coconut Bread
I found packets of desiccated coconut lounging around in the pantry and we had a bunch of bananas starting to ripe so why not throw them all together and make some yummy, moist Banana Bread! I found this recipe in a camping book and made a few changes.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 cup flour (I used wholemeal but you could substitute for whatever you have on hand)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (or honey or sugar)
- 1 tsp natural Vanilla Bean extract (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat fan oven to 180 Celsius. Grease and line a loaf tin (approx. 21 x 11cm)
- Mash the banana in a large bowl and using an electric beater if you have one, otherwise whisk by hand, add the eggs in one at a time until well mixed.
- One by one, add the flour, coconut, syrup, salt and bicarbonate of soda until well mixed.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake uncovered for around 30 minutes. At this point, mine starting to brown too much on top so I covered with foil and baked for another 10 minutes.
- It's ready when a skewer comes out dry.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool before you get stuck in!