Grilled Eggplant & Haloumi with Tomato Vinaigrette
Tasty, quick week day meal with only two main ingredients it still hits the satisfaction spot.
- 3 eggplant, cut widthways into 1½ cm-thick slices
- olive oil
- 250 g haloumi, thickly sliced
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 400 g very ripe vine-ripened tomatoes (about 4) coarsely chopped
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- For tomato vinaigrette, purée tomatoes in a food processor,
- Preheat a char-grill over medium-high heat. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and grill, in batches, turning once until cooked through (4-5 minutes each side).
- Increase char-grill to high heat, brush haloumi with olive oil, grill until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Arrange with eggplant on serving plates, drizzle with vinaigrette, scatter with mint and serve immediately. YUM :)
source: Gourmet Traveller