takes 15 minutes
- 500g small baby sized carrots, scrubbed & trimmed & halved horizontally
- 100g blanched whole almonds OR try other nuts you might have on hand such as pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds OR combine caraway and anise seeds OR try chilli powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil & add carrots. Boil for 5-8 minutes until tender. Drain & leave to cool just a little.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the almonds & toast, tossing frequently until they are golden. Transfer to blender.
- Put the cumin seeds in the same pan & toast for a few minutes until fragrant. Add to blender & blitz until crumbly but you still want to be able to see pieces of almond.
- Put the carrots on a serving dish and sprinkle almonds & cumin mix on top with a dash of olive oil and some salt & pepper. I served ours with some lamb medallions that had been seasoned & pan fried for a couple of minutes each side. Enjoy!