Sarah Wilson's oh slow good: Thai pumpkin ’n’ cauliflower soup with probiotic Greek yoghurt
- 2 potatoes or kumara, washed & chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, thinly sliced
- 2cm-3cm knob ginger, skin removed, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, finely sliced (depending on how hot you like your soup)
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 500g pumpkin or squash, chopped into chunks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.25 litres good-quality vegetable stock
- 125ml natural full-fat (for example Greek) yoghurt (I used a coconut probiotic vegan yoghurt)
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
IN THE MORNING
Place all the ingredients (saving some of the chilli to serve) except for the yoghurt and coriander in the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
IN THE EVENING
Use a stick blender to purée the ingredients to the desired consistency.
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a sprinkle of coriander, sliced chilli and bread for dunking.