Lemon Prawns + Coleslaw
Super quick (and of course always tasty) if you use a bag of coleslaw mix but throw away the sauce which is normally filled with crap and make this one.
Ingredients for 2-4 people
For the vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 250g peeled uncooked prawns
- 1/2 bag coleslaw mix (or make your own)
- 2-4 tbsp mayonnaise (just depends how much you like)
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- For the vinaigrette, place all the ingredients into a large screw-top jar. Shake well, season to taste and store in a cool place.
- For the prawns, place all ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in fry pan on medium-high heat, place prawn mixture in hot pan and cook until prawns turn pink.
- Grab a big platter or bowl and add your coleslaw and mix through your mayonnaise, chives and sesame seeds then add the prawn mixture with the marinade and check seasoning. You can cover and chill for later or serve it up straight away. Squeeze over some lemon juice just before serving and serve with chunks of lemon. Enjoy!