Asparagus & Pea Quinoa Risotto
I almost thought this was a flop until we tasted it! Super quick, healthy and yum!
- 1 cup of quinoa or 1/2 cup of dried red lentils and 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- Big bunch asparagus, break off the tough ends and slice into thirds on the angle
- 1 cup frozen peas or edamame
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Zest and juice of one large lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Serving ideas: fresh or dried oregano and chives (or any green herbs roughly chopped); a big handful of watercress or rocket; grated parmesan and/or feta
Note: for the vegetables you can use any green, seasonal veg. including broccoli, courgettes, spinach and kale
- Place the quinoa (and lentils) with the stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked. Add the asparagus and peas (or veges. of choice) about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain the quinoa and vegetables, then return to the pan with the lemon, mint and parmesan and season. Mix well.
- Serve with more parmesan or crumbled feta or handful of watercress. Enjoy!