Pile in the dates and there's no need to pile in the sugar. Awesomeness.
- 25-35 large pitted dates chopped in half
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 80 g olive oil spread (sub butter if not making vegan)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond milk or a little more to make the mixture fairly moist (sub milk if not making vegan)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and leave to the side until needed.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly with a knife. With your fingers, add the butter to the dry mixture and create a crumbly texture.
- Add the pitted dates and mix through.
- Add the almond milk and mix with your fingers until a dough like mixture is formed. Work quickly and don't overmix!
- Put the dough mixture onto a floured surface and using a cup, cut out 6 rounds.
- Place the rounds close together on a greased tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and serve warm.