Don't let the list of ingredients put you off, most of them are for the Laksa paste which all go into a food processor.
takes 45 mins
takes 45 mins
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- large knob of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 fresh turmeric piece, peeled and roughly chopped or 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 fresh chilli or pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 heaped tsp peanut butter
- 4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- small bunch of coriander (reserve leaves, chop up stalks roughly) or Thai Basil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp miso paste (I use Urban Hippy)
- 1 squash or small pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 10cm cubes
- 300 g medium rice noodles
- Large block of soft organic tofu, cubed
- bunch of broccolini, trimmed and sliced
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 3 limes or lemons
- To make the paste, place all the Laksa ingredient into a food processor or high powered blender (I used a Vitamix) and blitz to a paste.
- Place miso paste into large stock pot with 2 litres of water and bring to boil.
- Add Laksa paste, mix to combine then add squash. Boil for around 2 minutes before adding in the noodles.
- Two minutes before the noodles are done, add in broccolini and tofu and cook until just tender. Add in coconut milk then remove from heat.
- Season with tamari sauce and lime juice.
- Serve with chopped coriander leaves, slices of fresh chilli and lime. Enjoy!