On the table within 15 minutes...lovely succulent lamb served on top of lemony couscous. Fantastic week day meal.
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, smoked paprika (plain can also be used)
- 2 lamb short loins (back straps) at room temperature
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- juice of 2 lemons
- several handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- couple of small handfuls mint, roughly shredded
- handful toasted pine nuts
- thick Greek yoghurt to serve
- Place couscous & turmeric in a small pot, pour hot water over,
- Combine dried spices in a bowl along with salt & pepper and rub lamb loins in the mix so both sides are covered.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add a spray of oil and pan fry lamb for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Remove from heat and let lamb rest for 5 minutes, then slice thickly.
- Grab a big platter and throw in the spinach leaves, chickpeas, pine nuts & mint.
- Add the lemon juice to the couscous and fluff up with a fork then mix it in with the platter ingredients. Drizzle some olive oil on top and season before adding the sliced lamb.
- Serve with the yoghurt with a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!