Baked Salmon with Coconut Topping
The Asian flavours knock the socks off the salmon while the coconut adds a lovely crunch, serve it with a simple green salad.
- 2 pieces of salmon, boned, skin on
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 long chilli, seeds removed & finely chopped (I used a green one from my garden)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut threads
- fresh coriander
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 long chilli, seeds removed & finely chopped
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Remove pin bones from salmon. Placed on a lined baking tray & season.
- Spoon topping onto the salmon & spread evenly. Don't press it down firmly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just cooked and the top is golden.
- Cool slightly before scattering coriander, spring onion & chilli over the salmon & serve with lime wedges. Bon appétit!