takes 30 minutes
- 2 tuna steaks
- Olive oil
- 5cm fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 cups vegetable stock - I added about 2 cups of water as well, depends how thick/thin you like your broth
- 1/2 pack dried noodles - I use Hakubaku Cha Soba - Green Tea - noodles, but any type will be fine, just adjust cooking time
- handful garlic chives or spring onions, sliced thinly, to serve
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (white/black), to serve
- Heat about 2 tsps of olive oil in a large pot over a low-medium heat. Add freshly grated ginger and cook until aromatic. Add stock; bring to the boil then add noodles. Reduce heat & simmer for 4-6 minutes depending on type of noodle.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray tuna with olive oil & season with salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Add steaks & sear 2 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other then transfer to a plate. Let is rest for a couple of minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Place some noodles in a soup bowl, ladle some broth over finishing with the tuna.
- Serve sprinkled with chives & sesame seeds. Enjoy!