Takes 15 minutes
Healthy and quick to make. What more could you ask for after a hard day at work...perhaps a cold beer to match?
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled & finely diced
- 2 large celery sticks, trimmed & finely diced
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 500ml skim milk
- large can of tuna in water
- 2 cups corn kernels (can used canned or frozen)
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme (or 2 tsp dried)
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (to serve)
- Heat the oil in large saucepan over a medium-low heat & add the onion & celery. Cook until both are soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour & cook for another minute.
- Turn temperature down low and slowly add in the milk, mixing it in.
- Add the tuna & its liquid, sweetcorn & thyme. Mix then bring to the boil. Cover & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat & season to taste. Sprinkle chowder with a pinch or two of cayenne pepper depending on how hot you like it & chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!