Finally got to use some of the herbs from the little herb garden I planted a couple of weeks ago (& it is little!). I served this with asian greens but you could easily serve it with couscous, mashed potato or a simple green salad.
Takes 30 minutes
- 6 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano & thyme leaves
- 6 slices parmesan or feta (or cheese of choice, I wouldn't go too strong though as you don't want the cheese to be the star of the dish)
- Preheat oven grill to high.
- Place lamb cutlets into a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil & squeeze over lemon juice. Grind over a healthy serving of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes depending on size of cutlets. You want a slight colour on the lamb.
- Turn over and sprinkle with fresh herbs & top each cutlet with a slice or two of cheese. Grill until cheese has browned - few minutes on high.
- Turn oven to bake (keep on high temperature) & cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with asian greens or a salad. Enjoy!