Zucchini and Cauliflower Fritters
I had some "oldish" courgettes and cauliflower lounging around in the fridge so threw these together for lunch. Next time I would add some feta cheese and parsley but they were pretty good like this too.
- 1/4 head cauliflower approximately 1 cup, grated (or you can buy cauliflower 'pearls' so the messy work of grating is done)
- 3 medium zucchini, grated, skin on
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Squeeze moisture out of the veges
- Throw everything into a large bowl and mix well. At first I thought I would have to add another egg but you want a dense mixture
- Grab a handful and make a small-medium pattie. Give it a good squeeze so it holds together. I got 9 out of this mixture.
- Heat a fry pan to medium and add 1 tbsp of coconut or olive oil
- Add fritters to pan and flatten slightly. Cook 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve with topping of your choice i.e., avocado; mayonnaise; yoghurt. Enjoy!