Serves 4 (or 2 piglets!)
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup white spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 free range egg
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- ¾ cup milk
- unsalted butter to grease pan
- store-bought vanilla bean yoghurt, to serve
- extra banana, sliced, to serve
- Place both the flours, the baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the banana, egg, maple syrup and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a little of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ⅓ cup (80ml) of the batter to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat with the butter and remaining batter.
- Divide pancakes between serving plates and top with yoghurt and extra banana. Drizzle with extra maple syrup to serve. Enjoy!