Fantastic quick meal adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe I found on Pinterest. Zesty, fresh flavours. Prep time: 10 minutes, cooking time even less.
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 400 g prawns, peeled
- 200 g dry rice noodles such as vermicelli
- 2 tbs lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce OR another marinade of choice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 1 medium cucumber, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red chile, finely chopped or substitute with 1/2 tsp chilli flakes. I kept the seeds in as my chiles aren't that hot
- Combine the sea salt, pepper and chilli in a large bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- Combine the juice, chilli and fish sauces in a large bowl. Add the noodles, carrot, cucumber, cabbage, shallots and half the coriander. Toss gently to combine.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the prawns, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until the prawns change colour and are just cooked through.
- Serve the cooked prawns with the noodle salad and the remaining coriander. Enjoy!