Squid & Baby Potatoes with Fried Chorizo Dressing
takes 30 minutes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or sherry)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp capers
- punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spicy chorizo, diced 1cm
- 8-10 baby potatoes, scrubbed
- squid, I had a mix of pineapple cut & rings so used about 1/2 a bag
- Heat oven to 180oC and place tomatoes in a small baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast for around 15 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly golden. Cool then place on a serving platter.
- Put potatoes in a saucepan of salted water & bring to boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and crush slightly with a fork and add to platter with tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium-hot fry pan and fry chorizo for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Set aside & add to dressing.
- To make the dressing: Put the oil, vinegar, spring onions,
- To cook squid: Heat a heavy frying pan until very hot, season squid pieces then fry until they are slightly brown, only takes 1 minute as you do not want to over cook. Add to platter then spoon over dressing. Enjoy!