takes about 30 minutes
- 2 free range eggs, separated
- about 1 cup of shelled raw prawns, chopped roughly
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened yoghurt
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Beat eggs whites until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl add the egg yolks, prawn pieces, peas, spring onions, salt, pepper, chilli, flour, lemon zest, parsley and mix together.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and then add spoonfuls of the fritter mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and then flip carefully. Test if cooked by feeling top of the fritter with your finger, if it wobbles its not cooked yet.
- Serve with the minted yoghurt. Enjoy!