takes 20 minutes
- 400g fresh Salmon fillet, skin off, pin-boned, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons tom yum paste
- 1 litre chicken or fish stock
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, optional
- 500ml water
- 320g dried soba or udon noodles
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced soft tofu
- bunch bok choy, halved lengthways
- fish sauce or soya sauce to taste
- large handful bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- Mix tom yum paste with stock, water and kaffir lime leaves, if using, in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, tofu and bok choy.
- Cook a further 3-4 minutes or until the noodles are just cooked.
- Season with fish sauce or soya sauce to taste.
- Divide hot soup and contents between bowls and add slices of fresh salmon (the salmon will cook with the heat of the soup). Top each bowl with some mung bean sprouts and garnish with coriander and mint. Don't forget to remove lime leaves before serving. Enjoy!