This is adapted from Donna Hay, a very quick weekday meal with chilli...of course. Have I mentioned that my chilli plant is going crazy? So not sure why I ended up buying the chilli jam for this recipe...
- 250g thin dried rice noodles
- 400g free range chicken mince
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 free range egg white
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken stock
- bunch of baby bok choy, trimmed & roughly chopped
- handful of beans or sugar snap peas, trimmed & halved
- 1 lime, juiced
- garnish with freshly chopped chives (I used garlic chives from my garden) or spring onions & freshly chopped chilli
- Place the noodles in a glass bowl & cover with hot water for 6 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- In a bowl mix together chicken, minced ginger, 1 tbsp of the chilli jam, egg white, salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in large pot over a medium heat and cook ginger stirring for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tbsp of chilli jam, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, increase heat to high & bring to the boil.
- Roll chicken mix into small balls (about 1/2 tbsp) & add to the stock & cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy & beans (or peas) and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat & add fresh lime juice. Serve with garnish on the side & enjoy!