Serves 2 as a main
Takes around 30 minutes
- 350g free-range chicken livers
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp butter
- bag of baby spinach, rocket or watercress
- 2 oranges, peeled & segmented
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, toasted, skinned & coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a drizzle of pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Trim chicken livers, cutting any large pieces in half. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat butter in a large, heavy based fry pan and when it turns nut brown add the livers. Cook over high heat, turning once, until browned but still lightly pink in the middle. About 2 minutes on one side and 1 minute the other. Lift out of pan & set aside.
- Arrange spinach on a serving platter with oranges & hazelnuts. Add warm livers & gently toss. Drizzle with lemon juice & pomegranate molasses, if using, & season to taste. Serve immediately & enjoy!