- 800g of canned Black Doris plums, drained, with juice reserved and pips removed
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Rind of ½ lemon, grated
- 1 cup of mixed favourite crumble topping. My topping mix included: rolled oats, chopped hazelnuts, sesame seeds, linseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, chopped dates, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds
- Reserved juice from plums
- Grated rind of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp of tapioca or cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC. Grease a medium-sized ovenproof dish.
- Half plums and place in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, place the butter, honey, coconut, lemon rind and your topping mix. Mix everything together with your fingers until the mixture forms chunky crumbs.
- Place the crumble topping over the fruit, and press to pack down the topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the topping is golden and crunchy.
- While the crumble is baking, make the plum sauce. Place the reserved plum juice and lemon rind into a medium saucepan, and place over a medium heat. Mix the tapioca or cornflour with a little plum juice from the saucepan. Stir to form a paste. Add the paste back into the saucepan and stir though. Heat the juice and cornflour mixture until it forms a thick, glossy sauce.
- Serve with custard, ice-cream or yoghurt. I used plain coconut yoghurt. Yum <3