serves 2 as a side dish
- 1 can of organic butter beans, drained and rinsed
- a good glug of extra virgin olive oil OR 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 3-6 cloves of garlic (cut back if you aren't a big garlic fan)roughly chopped
- a large handful of fresh sage, leaves only
- juice of one lemon
- sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and sage, and cook while stirring, until browned and slightly crispy.
- Add the butter beans, and continue to cook for a minute or so. Add the lemon juice, and a good pinch of salt and pepper, and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes, just to let all the flavors sink in to each other.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Add a little more seasoning, and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!