takes 40 minutes
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves (I used baby)
- 1/4 pumpkin or squash
- 1 large kumara or potato
- 2 large carrots or parsnips
- 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 cups of milk or cream
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180oC
- Spray a quiche dish with oil and line with the spinach leaves, set aside.
- Peel & chop the pumpkin, kumara & carrots into bite sized pieces, about 2 cm. Place on a roasting dish with the crushed garlic, season, add a dollop of olive oil and bake until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. You can chop the vegetables into smaller chunks to speed up roasting time. Cool then place into spinach lined quiche dish.
- Whisk eggs & milk together and pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if using.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until set and starting to turn golden. Enjoy!
Inspired by mindfood.com