Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25-30 mins
- 3 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ cups risotto rice
- 4½ cups hot chicken stock
- finely grated zest of 2 limes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 350g (about 2 cups) shelled prawns, halved lengthwise
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4-5 small or 2-3 medium bok choy, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- Heat butter or oil in a deep, heavy-based pot and gently fry onions and ginger until soft but not browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add rice and stir over heat for 2 minutes to lightly toast. Add hot stock and lime zest (reserving a little zest for the garnish) and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover and cook over a very low heat until almost cooked (about 15 minutes).
- At this point, test the rice – it should have a tiny white core in the centre of each grain. If the core is bigger, continue cooking another few minutes. It needs to be almost cooked before you add the final ingredients. If the rice begins to dry out, add another half cup of hot stock or water – it should be quite soupy.
- Stir in the prawns and peas, cook for 1 minute then add the bok choy and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and coriander (reserving a little coriander for the garnish) and adjust seasonings to taste. To serve, sprinkle with the reserved lime zest and coriander. Enjoy!