makes 2 cups
takes 30 minutes of slow cooking, 5 mins to prep
- 3 large onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp honey or rice syrup (depends how sweet you like it)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used Glaze of Balsamic which has a thicker consistancy)
- Place all the ingredients except the vinegar into a pan on a high heat and stir for a couple of minutes before turning down to a low heat and simmering for around 25 minutes, stir every now & then so they don't stick. You want them to soften and turn golden brown.
- Add the vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes. Will store in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!