takes approx. 40mins
- 500 grams free range boneless, skinless, trimmed, chicken thighs
- 1 cup quinoa
- one pot of Continental Stock Pot Vegetarian Concentrate
- big bag of green beans, ends trimmed, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates, roughly sliced
- big bunch of red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, buy in shell, grab your hammer & shell - fun! Place in 180oC oven, roast until brown (about 10mins but don't stray too far as you need to keep an eye on the nuts as they brown quickly) Set aside, cool then rub skins off. Chop roughly.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Heat fry pan to a medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper & cook until golden and cooked through. I did mine for 5 minutes each side. Set aside until cool, then shred.
- Pour 2 cups of water in a saucepan & throw in a pot of Vegetarian Concentrate Stock. Bring to boil and add in 1 cup of quinoa, then simmer for around 10 minutes. Cool and drain.
- Rinse pot and 1/3 fill with water. Bring to boil, throw in the beans & cook for 40 seconds. Drain & place in ice cold water then drain again.
- Grab a big bowl & combine all the ingredients. Enjoy!