Takes 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lemon (or lime), juiced
- pinch of sugar
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well.
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced into small batons
- 1 fresh chilli (or dried if you don't have any fresh ones on hand), seeds & ribs removed, finely sliced
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled & minced or finely grated
- handful fresh coriander (optional)
- bag of salad leaves of choice
- 400 grams salmon, skinned, boned & diced
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- In a bowl mix prepared carrots, chilli & ginger with the dressing. Place salad onto large platter and toss with vegetables.
- Heat a large pan over a high heat. Spray with oil. Add salmon & cook quickly for 1-2 minutes until almost cooked.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting and add miso glaze. Toss to coat salmon pieces, cook for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Top salad with salmon pieces and any remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds & torn coriander leaves. Bon appétit!
Adapted from Healthy Food Guide