takes 30 minutes
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped or crushed (cut back if you aren't big garlic fans)
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 4-6 portobello or flat mushrooms, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp almond meal/flour (ground up almond!)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 large lemon, juiced & zest
- parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Pour 2 cups of water or stock and 1 cup of couscous into a pot and bring to the boil then lower heat & simmer for about 6-8 minutes. Stir occasionally & check for bite (it is pasta after all). Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While couscous is cooking, heat olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add sliced leeks, crushed garlic & sauté until soft - about 8 minutes - then add chopped mushrooms & cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add almond meal & give it a good stir. Add cooked couscous.
- Throw in a pinch of salt & soy sauce, stirring. If it needs more moisture add stock or water.
- Take off the heat & add lemon juice, zest, parmesan cheese and a good grind of freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!