- 2 cups packed flat leaf parsley, stems removed
- 4-6 gloves of garlic, peeled (I love garlic in pesto so if you aren't a fan cut down to 2-3 gloves)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or you can use walnuts
- Lemon - juiced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (we had just stocked up on some amazing sheep cheese from Matatoki Farm and I used something similar to a Parmesan)
- 2/3 cup olive oil (from Azzuro Groves - the best Olive oil
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- pasta - I just used dried
- tomatoes - I used vine as they were on special
- feta (optional)
- Throw all the ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor and blend until a paste forms then gradually add in olive oil. Season and keep in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Place tomatoes on an oven tray and splash some olive oil over them and season. Bake for around 20 minutes or until they are caramelised and starting to collapse.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Mix the pesto into the drained pasta, crumble in some feta if using and serve with roasted tomatoes on top and a generous ground of fresh black pepper. Enjoy!