Ras el Hanout "Chicken Free Chicken" Wraps
Amongst my many cookbooks is ‘Persiana’ by Sabrina Ghayour, which hasn't had the love it deserves as these wraps were fantastic. I've made some changes as we don't eat meat anymore but I used Sunfed Meats Chicken Free Chicken which works beautifully and makes it super quick as you don't have to marinate the chicken.
- 2 heaped tbsp Ras el Hanout
- Olive oil
- 1/2 box Sunfed Meats Chicken Free Chicken
- Sea salt
- Flour Tortillas
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- Pomegranate Molasses (optional)
- Rocket leaves and pomegranate seeds to garnish
- 1 small bunch of mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 200g Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Zahtar or Sumac
- freshly ground pepper
- Mix the ras el hanout with olive oil to create a paste.
- To make the yoghurt sauce, put the mint into a bowl along with the yoghurt, Zahtar/sumac, a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Preheat a large frying pan over a medium heat, drizzle in olive oil, add the Chicken Free Chicken and ras el hangout paste and cook until Chicken is warmed through. Should only take 3-5 minutes.
- Build your wrap by starting with the Chicken and onion slices. Dollop some yogurt sauce on top, drizzle with Pomegranate Molasses, garnish with rocket and enjoy!
Image source: Persiana (as we ate ours before I could take a picture!)