- 3/4 cup freekeh
- 4 eggs
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 1/2 red onion
- 60g chopped dates
- 1½ tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- 10g dukkah
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- Cook freekeh in pot of boiling water for 15–18 minutes, until tender with a slight bite. Drain then rinse under warm tap and leave to drain well.
- Place eggs in a small pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a gentle boil. As soon as water starts boiling, cook for 3 minutes (for soft-boiled). Drain eggs and run under cold water to stop cooking. Peel shells off eggs and cut in half.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients together.
- Prepare the salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half; remove core and seeds from capsicum and dice 1cm; finely dice onion. Place all in bowl with dressing, along with cooked freekeh and dates. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, Divide freekeh tabbouleh between plates. Top with soft-boiled eggs. Garnish with parsley, dukkah and serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over just before eating. YUM!
recipe adapted from MyFoodBag