takes 30 minutes
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 bulbs garlic, minced
- 500 grams prawns, shelled & deveined - I used frozen prawns that had been defrosted in the fridge for several hours so they were still cold and a little bit frozen
- 4-6 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- bunch of mint, leaves finely sliced
- 300 grams walnuts (or pine nuts), toasted
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/2 cup plain natural yoghurt
- 150 grams feta
- lemon, juice & zest
- In a large pot bring some water to a boil, add 1/2 tsp of salt, dissolve, turn the heat off and add the prawns so they are mostly covered & let it sit for 10 minutes or until the prawns have turned pink and cooked through.
- Drain and add to a large platter with the baby spinach leaves, chopped mint & walnuts.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add the couscous then turn heat down to medium and cook until pasta is al dente, soft but pasta has a bite or slightly firm in the middle - mine took about 6 minutes.
- Drain couscous then add the finely sliced fennel bulb & minced garlic and stir while couscous is still warm.
- Add to platter with spinach leaves. Crumble feta over the top.
- Mix mayonnaise and yoghurt and pour over salad.
- To serve - zest and juice a lemon and sprinkle over. Enjoy!