takes 30 minutes
- 500g rump steak
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Dressing: 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger; 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar; 1/4 cup caster sugar; 2 tbsp fish sauce; 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes; 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- To serve: 1/3 cup cashew nuts, roasted; handful fresh coriander, chopped; cos lettuce, leaves washed & separated; 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced; 2 cups carrot, grated
- Dressing: Place all the ingredients except lime juice, in a
- Beef: Season steaks with salt & pepper on both sides, rubbing it in as you go. Heat pan to high and cook 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate & let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly and toss with the meat juices.
- To serve: Chop the cashew nuts and coriander together and place into a serving bowl. Arrange the beef, lettuce, cucumber & carrots on serving plates and let everyone help themselves. Enjoy!