takes 30 minutes
- 250g frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g feta cheese and/or cottage cheese
- 4 free range eggs
- small lemon, juiced and grated rind
- handful fresh herbs ie parsley, tarragon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 25g melted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 large filo pastry sheets
- freshly ground salt + pepper
- Pre-heat oven 180oC (fanbake)
- Boil the jug
- Place the spinach and peas in a sieve and pour hot water over to defrost the spinach. Press with wooden spoon to remove excess water.
- Mix in a bowl with spring onions, garlic, cheese, eggs, lemon, herbs and season to taste.
- Mix melted butter with olive oil and brush over the sides and bottom of a 20cm springform tin
- Grab the filo and quickly brush with the butter mixture and arrange in the tin letting excess pastry hang over the sides. Keeping brushing each sheet and layer up until sides and bottom are covered.
- Spoon mixture into tin then fold pastry edges over to cover the filling scrunching loosely. Brush top of pie with remaining butter.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Yum :D