- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 4-6 baby leeks, trimmed & sliced thinly (or one large leek) or diced onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 x 400g can borlotti beans and 2tbsp salted capers - drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- sea salt & pepper
- small handful of fresh parsley
- 2 firm white fish fillets - I used snapper with skin on. If you choose a fillet with no skin, dust in seasoned flour before cooking
- baby spinach leaves to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat and cook the leek & garlic until soft.
- Add beans, tomato paste, red wine, vinegar, olives, stir and
- Prepare fish i.e dust with seasoned flour or if serving with the skin on, score across the fillets then season.
- In a fry pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and 15g of butter, medium-high heat until butter almost turns brown. Add fish, skin side down and cook until brown, 2-3 minutes. Flip fish over, turn heat off and let it sit for 1-2 minutes until fish is opaque & cooked through.
- To serve: place fish on plate, pour over sauce from the fry pan. Spoon beans over the fish, and top with salad leaves, freshly ground pepper and drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
adapted from Dish#59