This is a great relaxing salad as you 'layer' up the ingredients as you go, mixing with your hands to help immerse the flavours and there's hardly any cooking involved. If you don't have kelp noodles on hand (worth looking for as they are gluten free and so nutritious) you can use glass noodles. Ditto with the other salad ingredients i.e if you don't have edamame beans try fresh peas. No cashew nuts, use pumpkin seeds or pistachio. Recipe is from Dish.
takes 30 minutes
- 400grams raw, peeled & deveined prawns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 bag kelp or glass noodles, prepare according to packet instructions
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame beans or fresh peas, cooked
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long chilli, sliced thinly (depending on hotness either de-seed or leave them in)
- 1 medium carrot, grated or julienned
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- good handful fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- finely grated zest & juice of an orange
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- I like to prepare all the salad ingredients before I cook the prawns. Add to a large serving platter as you slice & dice, mixing everything up with your hands (or spoon) as you go.
- To cook the prawns heat oil in large fry pan over a medium-high heat and add prawns, don't clutter the pan. When they change colour slightly take off the heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and season. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients into a jar and give it a good shake. Add to serving platter, top with the prawns and enjoy!