takes 15 minutes
- pasta of choice (I used about 250grams dried pappardelle but this works with any type of pasta including fresh)
- 2 avocados, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- large bunch of baby spinach leaves
- 6 large basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup starchy water (from the cooked pasta)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Grab a large pot & fill with water, add a pinch of sea salt and bring to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to instructions. Save 1/4 cup of the pasta water then drain.
- Into a food processor add the rest of the ingredients with the pasta water. Save the parmesan cheese to serve. Blend everything until smooth.
- Serve the sauce over the warm pasta sprinkled with parmesan cheese and freshly cracked pepper. Enjoy!