takes 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup (185g) store-bought laksa paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 400g broccolini, trimmed and chopped
- 250g dried vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 300g silken tofu, sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 long red chillies, finely sliced (take seeds out for less heat)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the laksa paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Add the pumpkin and cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broccolini and cook for a further 2 minutes or until tender.
- Divide the noodles between bowls and spoon over the soup.
- Top with the tofu, green onion, coriander and chilli to serve. Enjoy!