takes 40 minutes
- 650g peeled butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 teaspoons zaatar
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, mashed with a fork
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 200g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 250g haloumi, sliced
- 4 bread rolls, toasted
- Butter lettuce leaves and tomato slices, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place pumpkin on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, scatter with 1 teaspoon zaatar and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes until
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, tahini and lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Season and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frypan over medium heat. Fry the patties, turning once, for 6-8 minutes until golden. Keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean, then return to medium heat. Place the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frypan, add the haloumi and cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- To assemble, spread the bottoms of the toasted rolls with the yoghurt mixture, then top with lettuce, tomato, haloumi, a pumpkin patty and an extra dollop of the yoghurt mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon zaatar, then replace the roll tops and serve immediately. Enjoy!