- 2 x 400g cans beetroot in juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 200g arborio rice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 200g goat’s milk feta, crumbled
- bunch of baby spinach leaves
- freshly crack pepper
- Process the canned beetroot and juice in a food processor until smooth. I left some chunks in mine. Add a little water if necessary and process until you have a pourable consistency. Reserve.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion,
- Add a ladle of the beetroot puree to the rice and stir until 2⁄3 of the liquid has been absorbed before adding another 100ml. Continue adding the puree, 100ml at a time, cooking until the rice is al dente and the risotto is moist but spoonable. If you need more liquid just use water.
- Add the red wine and baby spinach leaves and stir until spinach is just wilted.
- Season heavily with black pepper.
- Combine the pine nuts, oil and vinegar. Serve the risotto topped with the nut mixture and crumbled feta. Enjoy!
Inspired by Cuisine