takes 30 minutes
- 3 coriander stems or parsley, leaves and all OR whatever fresh herbs you have
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 spring onions or chives, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced to serve OR sprinkle of dried chilli flakes
- steamed rice, I used black rice but again, whatever you have on hand
- Get your rice on as black rice can take up to 30 minutes
- Then get your beans on for the salad below
- Place your chosen herbs, peppercorns, spring onion and salt into a saucepan and place chicken breasts on top, pour cold water over the top so chicken breasts are just covered.
- Bring to the boil then remove from heat, cover with a lid and leave to poach for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, slice chicken into 2 cm rounds, place on a serving plate and sprinkle with chilli and serve with the Sesame Bean Salad.
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed & halved
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or smashed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Blanch beans in a pot of lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes until they are bright green. Rinse under cold water.
- To make the dressing, in a small pot place soy sauce, vinegar, mirin and sesame oil & bring to the boil. Take pan off the heat and add garlic, ginger & sesame seeds. Enjoy!